Once, a dear friend contacted me from the emergency room.
He’s kind of a tough guy, so he doesn’t like talking about his health issues (I’m sure you know someone like that too).
He admitted that he’d been plagued with terrible digestive issues and needed help.
In order to avoid the ER and his abdominal pain again, he stated that he was ready to make some dietary changes. The short version of the story is that my friend was suffering from some intolerances to certain foods. We got to the bottom of that quickly and he started to feel better.
He was amazed.
Small changes can have such a huge impact!
From my perspective, what I did was simple – I shared my knowledge and helped guide him to a sustainable solution that would help alleviate his digestive complaints.
We ALL Have So Much to Share
Here’s a really important question: “What’s the most valuable gift you can give to your industry peers?”
OK, I’ll answer for you – it’s your knowledge.
Do you know how I know this to be true?
We’ve been doing a lot of research to find out what our members want/need the most to help them be more successful in the important work they are doing in our field.
What we’ve discovered surprised us, and it may even surprise you.
NANP members want to learn more from one another.
Overwhelming feedback from NANP members indicates that there is tremendous value in learning from one another.
So, we asked ourselves…
1. How can we better facilitate the exchange of knowledge between our members?
2. What professional resources can we offer?
3. Where is the cutting-edge peer-developed knowledge base for holistic nutrition practitioners?
You already know the answer to this question. There is no repository of holistic nutrition information.
It simply doesn’t exist!
Let’s Get Down to Business
We are getting ready to build something pretty darn amazing…
The NANP is embarking upon the creation of an incredible online content library in the coming months.
Our goal is to bring non-biased health and nutrition content to practitioners, consumers and the media.
We will educate the public on the cost/benefit of eating unprocessed local, fresh, plant-based foods. We will write about the value in taking quality nutritional products to manage chronic nutritional deficiencies and related health problems.
The NANP has assembled a volunteer-based Content Creation Committee (CCC) made up of some pretty unbelievable members from all different aspects of our field. This committee is developing the vision for constructing an incredible online content library.
And, guess what!
The committee will soon be accepting author submissions – from you!
In the coming weeks, you will be able to apply to be part of a groundbreaking collective of nutrition professionals sharing their expertise and practical nutrition advice.
By writing for the NANP’s online clinical content library, you will be able to:
- Touch lives.
- Support positive change.
- Connect with a global audience.
- Share your unique voice and messages.
- Share your bio underneath your article about who you are and what you do, including a photo of you, a link to your website and links to your social media.
This is your opportunity to share your wisdom with the world! Help us in our mission to spread the value of holistic nutrition and improve lives.
We want you to bring your passion and your unique voice to this project.
Can you write from the heart based on personal experience and/or professional expertise?
Can you write as if you are talking to your client? Or to a colleague?
What We are Looking For
- Topic areas: Of or relating to nutrition and wellness addressing symptoms, complaints or problems; also relating to the organic food industry
- Original content: Submissions should be original content not published elsewhere including personal blogs, journals, websites, etc.
- Properly Sourced Health Claims: If you mention a statistic or study in your piece, include a link to that source in order to back up claims with scientific facts.
- Relatability: One or more questions to prompt the reader to consider the topic in relation to their own situation.
- Call To Action: One or more actionable, practical tips that the reader can easily start applying in their life or their practice.
People love to feel like they’re reading something written by a real person, with real experience in life, and genuine heart.
Doesn’t this sound amazing?
How will a repository of this type of content help support you in your holistic nutrition career?
Well, we think this is going to be a game-changer. And, we are ready to build it – with your help!
This is for you – our members – our family.
“Knowledge is like money: to be of value it must circulate, and in circulating it can increase in quantity and, hopefully, in value.”
Applications will be accepted for author submissions in October. Stay tuned for more details. For more information about this clinical content project, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.