Apply and Prepare for the Board Exam in Holistic Nutrition
Listen to our two-part Podcast Series on The Ins and Outs of Board Certification
Download important HNCB forms and templates here:
- Contact Hours Form
- Internship/Externship Form (if applicable)
- Certified Nutrition Professional Supervised Practice Hours Approval Form (applies if you have a bachelor’s or higher degree)
- Study Guide
We suggest downloading your FREE Board Exam Study Guide and preparing for the exam at least 6 months in advance.
These are the 5 steps to take on your path to success.
Step #1: Read through the FAQs
Step #2: Become a Professional Member of the NANP in good standing.
Step #3: Get access to the application forms, and pay for your exam.
Step #4: Download your FREE copy of the Study Guide.
Step #5: Many of our members have benefited from studying with others for this exam, so you might also consider joining the Board Exam Study Group. Members of NANP can join or organize a study group via their myNANP account. Click here to log in and join the Board Exam Study Group Circle.
Board Exam Study Guide
The Board Exam Study Guide is a 35-page resource developed by the Holistic Nutrition Credentialing Board, that gives you detailed exam qualification requirements, explains the preparation process, and provides you the list of materials to study, plus a selection of sample exam questions.
PLEASE NOTE: The Study Guide is NOT an exam preparation course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkDz86aG29w JONNY BOWDEN, PHD, CNS, is a board-certified nutritionist, best-selling...
When joining our association, members of the NANP are required to review, sign, and adhere to the NANP Code of Ethics....
BOARD EXAM APPLICATION & FEES
EXAM APPLICATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
EXAM FEE REFUND POLICY (separate from the non-refundable exam application fee): Voluntary withdrawals will be honored up to twelve (12) months after the application date, and the examination fee will be refunded fifty percent (50%) up to that point. No refunds will be offered after the twelve (12) month period.
ITEMS YOU MUST HAVE TO COMPLETE THE EXAM APPLICATION
- Be prepared to pay the application fee ($129 non-refundable)
- Photo or Headshot (electronic or paper submissions accepted)
- Copy of your driver’s license or state-issued identification
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of existing liability insurance (if you are in clinical practice)
- Copy of holistic nutrition diploma(s) and/or certificate(s)
- Copy of any professional license(s) you may hold