Article Guidelines & Requirements for Continuing Education Units
Are you a great writer? Would you like to be published in NANP’s e-newsletter, Nourishing Bytes? We’re looking for well-written, organized articles for prominent placement in Nourishing Bytes, distributed to over 4,000 holistic health professionals, students, and enthusiasts.
Double-duty – not only will we publish your piece, but you’ll also earn continuing education units (CEUs). How cool is that?!
Submission Guidelines & Procedures
- All articles must be submitted as a Word document and follow the requirements below
- Include your headshot (.jpg or .png file) and a short biography (150-200 words)
- Send your submission via email to email@example.com
Peer Review Process
NANP’s CEU Review Committee evaluates all submissions. The Board may:
- accept the article as-is
- accept the article with recommended changes
- reject with the option to rewrite or
- reject the article in its entirety
The author’s identity will be unknown to the reviewers throughout the entire peer-review process, which may take several weeks. Once completed, you receive a copy of the reviewer’s notes, any requests for revisions, or the final determination.
By submitting an article for use in Nourishing Bytes, you certify that the material has not and will not be seen in any other publications prior to its appearance in Nourishing Bytes.
- 500 to 1,500 words (word count doesn’t include references, bibliography or author biography)
- Articles over 1,500 words require preapproval. No article to exceed 3,000 words.
- Provide a minimum of 5 references for every 500 words
- Referenced research should be current (5 years or newer) as much as possible
- Sources need to be scholarly and original work. No secondary sources.
- Must use APA (American Psychological Association) formatting
- Must be based on the author’s research. Personal opinions and experiences are welcome but they must be backed by research
- The topic must be relevant to the holistic nutrition profession
- Human health is the foundation of holistic nutrition practice and should be the basis of the research and any protocol recommendations
- NANP welcomes articles that address food, supplements, herbs and lifestyle recommendations and any challenges to general health
- Any notation about supplements cannot be used as a form of advertisement or sales. All supplement references are subject to review by the CEU Review Board.
Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Breakdown
- 500-1,000 words: 2 credits
- 1,000-1,500 words: 3 credits
- Longer articles must be pre-approved. CEUs will be determined based on the total length of the article, not to exceed 5 credits.
For More Information Please Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Article requirements are subject to change without notice.
Please check NANP’s website for the most up-to-date requirements before submitting your article.