Earning Category II CEUs
Category II CEUs can be earned by receiving credit for programs offered by other organizations that have NOT been pre-approved by NANP for CEUs. NANP recognizes that there are many quality continuing education programs available to nutrition professionals and we encourage all providers to apply to the NANP for CEU approval of their programs.
The NANP will recognize programs offered by the following organizations as applicable for Category II CEUs:
- All NANP-approved schools providing CEU courses
- Age Management Group (AMG)
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM)
- American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM)
- American College of Nutrition (ACN)
- American Holistic Medical Association (AHMA)
- Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM) – Food As Medicine Conference
- Integrative Healthcare Symposium (IHS)
- Kresser Institute
- Parker College of Chiropractic
- Pacific Rim College Online (PRCO)
- The Institute For Functional Medicine (IFM)
- The International & American Associations of Clinical Nutritionists (IAACN)
- Weston A. Price Foundation (WAPF)
For programs offered by organizations other than those listed above, please follow the guidelines below to earn Category II CEUs:
- Program Requirements
- 80% of the seminar must deal directly with nutrition. For multi-day seminars partial CEU’s may be accepted if only a portion of the total seminar is directly addressing nutrition.
- The event must be approved for continuing education credit by other associated groups.
- Submit the following information for each program.
- Certificate of completion for the continuing education event
- Name of sponsoring organization
- Date, time and location of event
- Cost of event
- Educational objectives of event
- Speaker name and short bio
- Schedule breakout
- How to register
- Whether the event qualifies for continuing education credit
- Note: In most cases, a copy of the brochure for the event will provide the majority of this information.