The Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) and Smith Center for Healing and the Arts’ innovative Integrative Oncology Patient Navigation Training Program is a comprehensive professional training program designed for healthcare professionals and complementary and integrative health practitioners to learn how to successfully navigate cancer clients through the challenges of cancer by using an integrative cancer care approach.
This program provides in-depth education about integrative oncology and current complementary cancer therapies, how to review evidence for these therapies and their use, and the body mechanisms targeted by various integrative approaches.
Practitioners will identify resources to offer a deeper level of support and how to assist clients in gaining access to these resources. They will hone skills for evaluating current evidence for complementary health approaches and for educating their clients on how to choose appropriate integrative therapies to enhance their cancer care journey, in consultation with their healthcare team.
- Module 1: The Landscape of Integrative Cancer Care and Integrative Navigation
- Module 2: Introduction to Evidence-based/informed Complementary Therapies in Cancer Care
- Module 3: Hallmarks of Cancer/Tumor Microenvironment/Body Terrain
- Module 4: Deep Dive into Selected Complementary Therapies and 7 Healing Practices
- Module 5: Deep Dive into Natural Products and Off-Label Drugs (OLD)
- Module 6: Creating Integrative Navigation Care Plans with Your Clients
- Module 7: Navigating Professional Stress and Developing Sustainable Self-Care Practices
- Module 8: Course Wrap-up and the Path Forward as a Trained Integrative Patient Navigator
- 8 comprehensive course modules of video lessons and written educational content developed by a team of subject matter experts
- Extensive course resources: all presentation slide PDFs, numerous professional PDF course handouts and workbooks, bonus experiential demonstration videos, and more
- Professional Certificate of Completion awarded by an accredited integrative health university, training digital badge & CE’s (upon successful achievement of lesson content and required program assessments).
- Upon increasing knowledge about integrative cancer care, Practitioners will be able to inform clients of a wider range of complementary therapy and care options.
- Practitioners will be able to offer a deeper level of support by identifying physical, emotional, and spiritual resources and assisting clients in gaining access to these resources.
- Practitioners working in clinical healthcare settings will be able to complement options offered by conventional oncology with additional resources to address the unique healing needs of their patients with an integrative approach to healthcare, according to the guidelines of their professional scope of practice.
Duration & Total CEC’s: 40 hours – 40 CE’s.
Time to Complete: Two (2) years upon initial enrollment
Program’s website URL: https://ce.muih.edu/browse/ce/courses/integrative-oncology-patient-navigator-training
Practicum: Online, Self-Paced, On-Demand Professional Certificate Program
Credential: Professional Certificate of Completion and training Digital Badge
Tuition & Registration Fees: $1,200.
NANP PCE Preferred Partner Tuition Discount:10% off this program for NANP Members with the promo code NANP10 upon enrollment.
Payment Options: 3-month Payment Plans and group discounts for 5 or more enrollments are available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited Scholarships are available for demonstrated financial need. Questions related to scholarship eligibility can be directed to email@example.com.