The Dietary Supplement Specialist™ (DSS) Certification Program from Designs for Health (DFH) is a comprehensive curriculum on the science of nutrition and dietary supplementation.
The Program consists of 13 in-depth, evidence-based educational eLearning modules that explore cell biology, physiology, and nutritional biochemistry, along with nutrients, herbs, and other dietary compounds that support healthy bodily function. The DSS course has been created for individuals with a foundational level of training in human nutrition and lifestyle intervention.
Requirements for entrance of program.
Nurses, Nurse Midwives, Psychologists, Personal and Athletic Trainers, Massage Therapists, Naprapaths (different from Naturopaths), and other allied health providers must demonstrate specific training in nutrition and possess and maintain an active and current board certification by one of the following organizations; National Association of Nutritional Professionals (NANP leading to NANP Certification), Clinical Nutrition Certification Board (CNCB leading to the CCN credential) or Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists (BCNS leading to the CNS credential). Membership only in these organizations does NOT qualify.
The Dietary Supplement Specialist™ (DSS) Certification Program is designed to provide learners with the fundamental knowledge of dietary supplements and their safe, effective application in patient/client care. Through dynamic, interactive modules learners will discover vital aspects of ingredient selection, formulation, optimal forms of supplemental compounds, and the science supporting various nutrients and botanicals.
Discover vital aspects of ingredient selection, formulation, and optimal forms of supplemental compounds
Apply the science of nutrition and dietary supplementation to achieve desired outcomes in their patient and client relationships
Upon completion of this program, learners will:
1. Understand key concepts in dietary supplementation as they relate to ingredient selection, optimal forms of various nutrients, and delivery 2. technologies that enhance bioavailability
3. Develop a framework for safe and appropriate dosing of widely applicable dietary supplements
4. Demonstrate the evidence basis and research findings around dietary supplementation of various nutrients and botanicals
5. Enhance their comprehension of nutritional biochemistry, physiology, and pathophysiology
6. Effectively select and recommend the specific dietary supplements that address the needs and health goals of their presenting patients and clients
Program’s website URL: https://dss.designsforhealth.com/
Practicum: This program is divided into 13 eLearning modules. Content is delivered in an asynchronous format, allowing learners to navigate the program work and corresponding assessments at a pace and sequence that best fits their learning needs.
Evaluation of student performance: A passing score of 80% is required for all module assessments, as well as the final cumulative assessment. Learners will have unlimited attempts to pass each individual module and the cumulative assessment.