MediHerb Clinical Masterclass: Navigating the Complexities of the Immune Puzzle
The goal of this course is to present an updated and practical perspective of immune system conditions with a focus on inflammation.
Instructors(s): Professor Kerry Bone, Berris Burgoyne, Amanda Williams and Angela Hywood.
Core Program: The goal of this course is to present an updated and practical perspective on supporting clients with a range of immune system conditions with a focus on inflammation, gut, thyroid and musculoskeletal health issues. In addition, an in-depth review of botanical therapy and its application will be presented.
Learning objectives/learning outcomes:
On completion of this course attendees will:
- Have an up to date and clinically relevant understanding of the immune system including both innate and adaptive immunity.
- Have an update to date, clinically relevant understanding of the overarching concepts of autoimmune disease based on the recent research.
- Have an understanding of the pathophysiology of common immune conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis, Hashimoto’s disease, subclinical hypothyroidism, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis.
- Be knowledgeable with the key herbs discussed and be confident and proficient in their clinical application.
- Understand the basic issues related to quality and phytochemistry and how this relates to clinical effectiveness for the herbs discussed.
- Understand the relevant cautions, contraindications and potential herb drug interactions for the herbs discussed.
Duration & Total Hours: 2 Part Webinar Series – 8 Hours
Dates: October 15 & October 16, 2021