The goal of this 10 module program is to understand the system biology approach to nutrition, immune, stress, digestive health, and metabolic detoxification.
Each module presents the fundamentals of functional nutrition which include an introduction to nutrigenomics, epigenetics, and a detailed review of the macronutrients.
Participants will learn the components of macronutrients including biochemical structures, physiologic and metabolic functions, and dietary sources are presented for each carbohydrate, fat and protein. Essential, nonessential and conditionally essential considerations are explored and the roles of each are specific to each individual.
Participants will learn evidence based guidelines for the proper amount of each macronutrient and functional nutrition considerations are presented for potential personalization.
The fundamentals presented in the first two modules will act as the foundations for the remaining modules for clinical imbalances.
- Fundamentals of Functional Nutrition I
- Fundamentals of Functional Nutrition II
- Functional Nutrition Operating System
- Energy – Mitochondria Metabolism
- Defend & Repair – Immune Health, Inflammation
- Biotransformation – Detoxification & Elimination
- Assimilation – Microbiome, Digestion & Absorption
- Structural Integrity – Physical Performance and Recovery
- Communication – HPATG Axis, Hormones, Neurotransmitters
- Practitioner Implementation Strategies – Psychology of Eating
Duration & Total Hours: Self-Paced 10 Hours
Continuing Education (CEC’s) 10